Saturday, December 31, 2011

Trip to the Hotel Del Coronado


Just fantasy but this is where I would like to be right now! The Hotel del Coronado is the amazing historic hotel on Coronado Island across from San Diego. Some Like it Hot was filmed there with Marilyn Monroe, Jack Lemon and Tony Curtis.

They have a New Years Eve Gala, wonderful Christmas doings, restaurants, shops, the beach, you just don't need to go anywhere else. I've been lucky enough to stay there twice, once in the original building and the second time in the new towers. Three years ago my daughter and I stayed way high up in the towers and our view in the morning was the sun coming up, the lovely soft crashing of the waves and no people. I thought I would feel cheated not getting to stay in the original hotel but I now almost prefer the towers. I booked it on Expedia .....

and it was all part of a relatively inexpensive 3 day package with our airfare included. When I am buried in snow here in the midwest I close my eyes, think of those million thread sheets and pillows, the sliding glass door open to hear the waves and feel the divine San Diego weather and I am back at the Hotel Del in my head! So book your trip on Expedia to take advantage of the package deals they can put together. I vow to do it next winter break!

No comments:

Post a Comment