Sunday, December 18, 2011

Penny...Penny...Penny.... Big Bang Theory is my favorite!

I am not sure how I missed The Big Bang Theory for so long. I really dislike sitcoms. Maybe there were too many in the 80s and 90s. I didn't love them then either. I watched Friends in the beginning, Cheers, sometimes Sienfeld. But the laugh track, studio setting and constant guffaws really got old. I haven't watched a sitcom in many years. I like stuffy, "cerebral", British dramas based on book titles (that is what Netflix says I am). Downton Abbey is to die for! But since I don't have the BBC channel and lately there has been nothing to watch at suppertime on my favorite channels - USA, Lifetime and Bravo, my daughter switched it to TBS for Big Bang reruns. I was slow to come around but the smart writing, Sheldon's quirky sideways laugh and the under construction elevator won me over. I am hooked! I just used the show open to explain to my media students what video keyframes are used for.
Thanks to cechly for putting together the Sheldon laugh compilation below!
The Big Bang Theory Complete Seasons 1-4 DVD Set

The Big Bang Theory Complete Seasons 1-4 DVD Set

The Big Bang Theory seasons 1-4 chronicle the lives of university physicists Leonard and Sheldon, who know whether to use an integral or a differential to solve the area under a curve, but don't have a clue about girls. Or dating. Or clothes. Or parties. Or having fun. Or, basically, life in general, as you find out in these DVDs. So when a pretty blonde named Penny moves in the apartment across the hall in season 1, the guys decide to get an education outside of the classroom and, boys, you have a lot to learn. With The Big Bang series creators Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men) and Bill Prady (The Gilmore Girls) concocting the right mix of logic and lunacy, and stars Johnny Galecki (Roseanne) and Jim Parsons (Judging Amy) turning geekdom into Phi Beta fun, The Big Bang Theory is big on laughs. And life.










No comments:

Post a Comment